Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Gratitude in Loss

The past 3-4 years life has provided me with lots of opportunity to experience loss,  Loss of relationship, loss of work, loss of home.  and recently, it has been a loss of transportation, my car has reached the point of no return, where the cost to fix outweighs its worth financial and what it contributes to my life.

held on for dear life
Committed to holding on til the end
Despite any real comfort
And the slow breakdown of the systems

A gift accepted, but not what I would want
Afraid of how would I fill that space

such an inelegant expression
of being alive

to have the spaces in life occupied by our fears
by what could or should be

so when I let go,
weightlessness lent a new perspective
a new choice
neither contemplated or conceived


No comments:

Post a Comment